Louisiana Tax Incentives
Musical and Theatrical Production Tax Incentive
Whether you’re launching a national concert tour or staging a new theatrical production, the Live Performance Production Program, statutorily known as the Musical and Theatrical Production Income Tax Credit, will help you hit your mark. Louisiana offers a unique tax incentive for musical and theatrical productions.
- Provides a 7% tax credit for certified Louisiana expenditures between $100,000 and $300,000.
- Provides a 14% tax credit for certified Louisiana expenditures between $300,000 and $1,000,000.
- Provides an 18% tax credit for certified Louisiana expenditures over $1,000,000.
- Provides an additional 7% tax credit for payroll expenditures to Louisiana residents.
- Program is subject to a $10 million cap per year (with 50% or $5 million being reserved for not-for-profit organizations). Projects are subject to a $1 million cap, per year.
- The tax credit is refundable or transferable on a one time basis.
For more information CLICK HERE